Electrode-definition uses heat of arc to heat and melt metal for welding. Electrode arc welding is a kind of arc welding method with manual operation of electrode. In AWS (welding terminology), the original "manual arc welding" is renamed as electrode arc welding. The characteristics of electrode arc welding are as follows:
(1) electrode arc welding uses the electrode coated with coating as electrode and filler metal. The arc burns between the end of the electrode and the surface of the welded part. Under the action of arc heat, the coating can generate gas shielded arc on the one hand, and on the other hand, slag can be generated to cover the surface of the molten pool to prevent the interaction between the molten metal and the surrounding gas. The more important role of melt cleaning is to produce physical and chemical reaction with molten metal, add alloy elements, and improve the performance of weld metal.
(2) the corresponding welding rod can be used for the welding of most industrial carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron, copper, aluminum, nickel and their alloys.
(3) electrode arc welding has the characteristics of flexible technology and strong adaptability. It is suitable for welding of various thicknesses, structural shapes and positions. It can be applied to the welding of short seam in maintenance and assembly, especially for the welding of the parts hard to reach.
(4) the requirements for the assembly of welding joints are relatively low. In the process of welding, manual operation is used to control the arc length, electrode angle, welding speed, etc., so the assembly size requirements of welding joints can be relatively reduced. At the same time, it is easy to control welding deformation and improve joint stress by changing process operation.
(5) the electrode arc welding equipment is simple, light, flexible in operation and convenient in maintenance. Compared with gas shielded welding and submerged arc welding, the production cost is lower.
(6) the production efficiency of electrode arc welding is low and the labor intensity of welders is high. Moreover, the operation technology level of welders is required to be high.