1. Matters needing attention
(1) The storage of welding rods should be ventilated and dry. The relative humidity of the air should be controlled below 60%. Keep a distance of 30cm from the ground and the wall when stacking.
(2) Separate the model and specifications for storage and not mix them.
(3) Be careful not to damage the coating during handling and stacking. For electrodes with poor coating strength, such as stainless steel electrodes, surfacing electrodes, and cast iron electrodes, pay more attention. The bar code cannot be too high.
2. The electrode is affected by moisture
After the welding rod is damp, the color of the coating will generally become darker, the welding rod will lose the crisp metal sound when it collides, and some even appear "white flowers" when it returns to alkali.
The influence of damp electrode on welding process:
⑴ The arc is unstable, the splash increases, and the particles are too large.
⑵Large melting depth, easy to undercut.
⑶ The slag coverage is not good and the welding wave is rough.
⑷ It is difficult to clean the residue.
The influence of damp electrode on welding quality:
⑴It is easy to cause welding cracks and pores, especially alkaline electrodes.
⑵The values of mechanical properties tend to be low.
3. Electrode drying
(1) If the electrode is damp when stored for too long, but the core is not rusted, and the coating is not deteriorated, after the electrode is dried, the original performance can be maintained without affecting the use.
(2) The baking temperature cannot be too high or too low. If the temperature is low, the moisture cannot be removed; if the temperature is too high, it is easy to cause the coating to crack, crisp, fall off, or change the composition of the coating, which affects the welding quality.
(3) After drying, the exposed time of alkaline welding rod should not exceed 4h.
(4) The number of repeated drying of the electrode should not be too many, otherwise the coating will fall off.
4. The electrode is scrapped
Welding core corrosion, coating adhesion, peeling, severe damp (especially low-hydrogen electrode, heat-resistant steel electrode, low-temperature steel electrode), this type of electrode can no longer be used, it should be scrapped.