1. Matters needing attention
(1) The welding wire should be stored in a special welding material warehouse. Pay attention to the ventilation and dryness of the warehouse. The relative humidity of the air should be controlled below 60%. Keep a distance of 30cm from the ground and the wall when stacking.
(2) Separate the model and specifications for storage and not mix them.
(3) Avoid littering during transportation to prevent package damage. Once the package is damaged, it may cause the welding wire to absorb moisture and rust.
(4) For barreled welding wire, do not roll during transportation, and the container cannot be placed down or tilted to avoid entanglement of the welding wire in the barrel and hinder use.
(5) The welding wire should not be placed too high.
(6) Generally, the flux-cored welding wire does not need to be dried and should be used up as soon as possible after opening. When the welding wire is not used up and needs to be placed in the wire feeder overnight, cover the wire feeder (or wire reel) with canvas, plastic cloth or other items. To reduce contact with moisture in the air.
(7) CO2 used in flux-cored welding wire should be pure anhydrous gas.
2. The welding wire is affected by moisture
Moisture-absorbing welding wire can increase the content of diffusible hydrogen in the deposited metal, produce defects such as pits and pores, and deteriorate the welding process performance and the mechanical properties of the weld metal, which can cause the weld to crack.