1) Carbon (C) Carbon is the primary alloying element in steel alloys good agent, followed by adding manganese content, the strength and patience will be progress. During the welding process, manganese is also a good oxygen scavenger, to reduce the oxygen content in the weld. Manganese and sulfur compounds form manganese sulfide float in the slag, then cut the weld hot cracking tendency. Thus usually carbon steel welding core layout elements, when the carbon content is added, the strength of steel, significant progress hardness, and plastic drop. During the welding process, the carbon must be deoxygenated play a role in the arc under high temperature and oxygen attack compounds, generating carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide gas, the arc zone and the pool to remove the ambient air, to avoid the oxygen in the air, nitrogen gas harmful the occurrence of adverse effects of the bath, to reduce the oxygen content in the weld metal and nitrogen. If the carbon content is too high, the reduction of severe, can cause a large splash and pores. Taking into account the hardened carbon steel and its influence on crack sensitivity added, low-carbon steel welding core is typically 0.1%.
2) Manganese (Mn) Manganese is a less manganese content of 0.30% ~ 0.55%, particularly useful in some welding wire 1 up to its manganese content in the steel. 70% a 2.10%.
3) Silicon (Si) alloy of silicon is also a good agent, the right to participate in the steel can improve the yield strength of silicon steel, elastic and acid function; If the content is too high, the decline in plasticity and patience. During the welding process, the silicon can also have good oxygen, and oxygen constituting the silicon dioxide, but it will progress slag viscosity, easy to promote the progress of non-metallic inclusions of Health, decreased mobility.
5) nickel (Ni) nickel steel for patience have more significant role in the higher-temperature impact values usually needs proper incorporation of some nickel.
6) Sulfur (S) Sulfur is a harmful impurities, followed by adding sulfur content will increase the thermal cracking tendency of the weld, thus welding core sulfur content shall not exceed 0.04%. Important when welding layout, sulfur content of no more than 0.03%.